National Association of Village Development Committees in Nepal (NAVIN) was established with main aims to policy advocacy, capacity building and Strengthening Networks of VDC. It is an umbrella organization to represent and provide support to Nepal’s 3157 Village Development Committees (VDCs).
According to its Charter (NAVIN Bidhan, 2055), the core mandates of NAVIN are:
- Policy lobby advocacy for democratic, inclusive, autonomous and functional local governments accountable to the people.
- Address Policy environment supportive to local self-governance and interest of VDCs effectively,
- Development as per the principle of multiparty democracy, decentralization and local self-governance
- Coordination and sharing of experiences, best practices among VDCs for the overall development of rural communities,
- Strengthening and mobilization of all VDCs for timely, effective, efficient and quality services to general populace in a transparent and accountable manner.
- Policy advocacy for formulation of Local Self Governance Act 2055 with mulit forum and supporting for implementation at local level.
- Represent in various GoN’s commission for policy advocacy and ensure benefit to local people.