National Association of Village Development Committees in Nepal (NAVIN) was established in the year 1995 as an umbrella organization to represent and provide support to Nepal’s 3,157 VDCs. NAVIN is the only representative association of the VDCs at the national level established under National Directive Act 1961. NAVIN has been able to establish itself as a credible organization in strengthening decentralization process in Nepal.
According to the NAVIN Constitution, the core mandates of NAVIN are:
- Protection and expansion of VDCs rights and interest as local self government
- Coordination and sharing of experiences and best practices among VDCs for the overall development of rural communities
- Organizational development, institutional strengthening, and mobilization of all VDCs in effective public service delivery.
navin, vdcs, committee, district, structure, central, fee, members, local, rural, capacity, member, executive, program, professional, membership, strengthening, secretariat, energy, self, Administrator
NAVIN is the representative association of all the VDCs in Nepal, established under National Directive Act, 2018 B.S. According to its Constitution (NAVIN Bidhan, 2055), the core mandates of NAVIN are:
• Lobby/Advocacy and promotion of democratic, functioning and inclusive local self governance system and structure
• Representation of VDCs in national and sub-national level, protection and expansion of VDCs rights and interests
• Coordination and sharing of experiences among VDCs for the overall development of rural communities
• Organizational development, strengthening, and mobilization of all VDCs in line with the principles and practices of local self governance and multiparty democracy